"This is just the beginning," CM said in a press conference that was held at Hornbill Skyways at Kuching international airport upon his return from KL at 1.30 pm this afternoon.
Follow the details below:
YAB CM PRESS STATEMENT ON NEGOTIATION WITH PETRONAS
I had a meeting with the Prime Minister and Datuk Wan Zulkifli Wan Ariffin, CEO of Petronas yesterday at the Prime Minister’s Office in Putrajaya. We have these amicable agreements that:
1) The appointment of Sarawakian as a member of the board of directors of Petronas. The State Secretary will represent Sarawak.
2) The 192 posts now vacant are to be advertised in local papers and to be filled by Sarawakians. PETRONAS is to consult the State Government if no Sarawakian is suitable for the job.
3) PETRONAS will provide up to 50 places for Sarawakians to do undergraduate studies at University Technology PETRONAS.
4) PETRONAS will intensify Technical Training for Sarawakians and enroll more Sarawakians in their training centres throughout the country.
5) PETRONAS is committed to support two (2) Petrochemical Industries now under final negotiation. PETRONAS will also support other Petrochemical and downstream industries after the completion of the Joint Study on Petrochemical Industries with the state government.
6) PETRONAS together with Federal Government will consider the intention of State Government to participate in PSC contracts so that the state can benefit from the contracts.
7) Accepting the working plan by PETRONAS to increase the number of Sarawakians. The figures are to be achieved by 2020:
Management from 33% to 60%
Manager 41% to 60%
Executive 48% 75%
Non-executive 95% to 95%
Total number of PETRONAS Employees in Sarawak:
Total number of Sarawakians in PETRONAS outside Sarawak = 1,000.
After this the Subcommittee chaired by the State Secretary will review the issuance of work permit with a view to lifting some which are being freezed. The State will review all 586 positions now pending approval for work permit to ensure that Sarawakians are given priority to fill the posts.
With regards to royalty and other matters, that will be discussed later on.
Saturday, 27th August 2016